Effective Interpersonal Communication Consulting,
Coaching & Training
Effective interpersonal communication skills may seem secondary, but when it comes to hiring, promotions, raises, bonuses, and receiving those plum assignments, interpersonal communication is a primary differentiator. Consulting, coaching, and training in these essential, professional skills is offered in the form of workshops, seminars and/or one-on-one. Click on any of the following programs for details:
Interpersonal Communication Skills
In business, as elsewhere, effective interpersonal communication is powerful, facilitating delivery of the technical information that makes businesses go. This consulting, coaching or training program addresses on-the-job interpersonal communication skills, introducing participants to techniques designed to expand awareness of their own interpersonal communication styles and develop sensitivity to others’. The facilitator(s)/consultant(s) will challenge and encourage participants to think about and try communicating in new ways. Participants will learn to:
- Develop a reputation as an honest, reliable and persuasive communicator.
- Set interpersonal communication goals and carry them out.
- Organize thoughts quickly using easy-to-remember tools.
- Transform complex information into concise messages.
- Learn effective use of nonverbal communication.
- Listen empathically, speak directly and feedback constructively.
- Decide when to push and when to pull back.
Are you a business professional who has hit a snag, or perhaps you would like to advance even further in your career? Perhaps it’s a language barrier or unconscious nonverbal behaviors. More often than not, issues revolve around ineffective interpersonal communication.
This program is delivered privately and discreetly and typically involves a series of one-on-one meetings held over a period of time. These meetings can be done in person, over the phone, by videoconference or some combination of all three.
Ruth or an expert associate seek to re-frame clients’ thought processes so they can look at troublesome issues in a new, more productive way. The idea is to eliminate self-imposed roadblocks and navigate around those imposed by others. By implementing more effective communication skills in their repetoire, clients can become more successful.
The goal is always to devise solutions that can be implemented quickly and in real-time, during real situations.
- Initial meeting to diagnose issues and prioritize goals.
- Weekly or twice-weekly coaching sessions that are designed to meet goals.
- Regular “assignments” that clients agree to implement between coaching sessions.
- Facilitator “on-call” because situations don’t always arise just in time for a coaching session.
- Video and/or audio recording as necessary to address specific nonverbal or vocal issues.
Message Development / Persuasive Language
Go to our dedicated page.
Great persuaders and communicators understand the power of words. The language of persuasion should make us feel. Think: “A Diamond Is Forever,” “You’re in Good Hands with Allstate,” or “Be All that You Can Be.” These slogans have one thing in common: they are “aspirational.” Aspirational words and combinations of words help buyers of your products and services connect the dots. Ruth Sherman is an expert in message development and will help you and your team develop the words and phrases that will help you hit your target and convert “No, thanks” into “Yes, sign me up.” Choose from the following menu of services:
- Creating a narrative around your product or service.
- Choosing the right, aspirational language.
- Testing messages.
- Developing the stories, anecdotes and metaphors that illustrate your points.
- Making the emotional connection.