Get Them to See It Your Way, Right Away: How to Persuade Anyone of Anything
McGraw-Hill; ISBN: 0071422730; 256 pp.
From Library Journal - “Best Business Book”
“Loaded with charts, tips, forms, and exercises, this guide provides a step-by-step approach to becoming a successful communicator. Communication consultant Sherman presents well-structured chapters on such topics as setting goals, listening, and asking solid questions.”
- Do you avoid going to networking events because you won’t know anyone who will be there?
- Do you get tongue-tied when speaking to powerful people?
- Have you ever had someone shut you down when you knew you had a great idea?
- Are you convinced that some people are born with charisma – and you’re not one of them?
THEN THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU!
And it’s now discounted so you can
receive a signed copy for only $14.95!
All successful people excel at selling at least one important product: themselves. They know that every personal contact they make is an opportunity to inspire, motivate, persuade, and advance business and personal interests. The challenge is to make a good impression quickly and grow it into something that will endure. This no-nonsense guide to communication mastery offers proven methods for marketing yourself and your ideas skillfully and successfully, whether you’re talking to your CEO or your PTA
In Get Them to See it Your Way, Right Away, top communication consultant Ruth Sherman provides a systematic, step-by-step approach to techniques and behaviors that will help you cultivate the communication skills you need to get the results you want in any setting. Combining stories from the front with tips, tools and worksheets developed over 15 years of working with some of the most prestigious organizations in the world, Sherman shows you how to:
- Organize thoughts quickly and concisely and deliver them with impact
- Generate a great, lasting impression using common-sense (but rarely used) techniques
- Develop personal appeal that makes people want to listen to what you have to say
- Identify which question to ask when there’s only time for one
- Recognize when to back off, retool, and live to pitch another day
This book has been SOLD OUT. It will soon be available in an updated release. Please check back!